Forms of hosting services
A hosting service entails stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a web server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a glimpse at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you desire to build a site, email aliases, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by given firms, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the load between different stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given companies offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share an enormous quantity of pics with friends or partners since the service is generally free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail accounts. Some corporations offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many video files as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Tango November Group Africa Ltd, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific web content solely.